SUSHI IS FISH + RICE by SimianLogic
I only had Sunday to jam, so I spent most of Saturday thinking about incompatible genres. I don't think deckbuilding and cooking are inherently incompatible, but the folks who usually play deckbuilders (fairly hardcore) and the folks who usually play cooking games (fairly casual) are in pretttttty different buckets. I originally sketched out a deckbuilding + farming game, but it turns out combining ingredients is a hell of a lot easier than sequentially going through seed -> water -> harvest lifecycles. And in terms of ingredients, Nigiri is pretty dang easy (1 fish + rice).
I didn't get quite as much of the deckbuilding in as I wanted (I wanted some utility cards to affect the state of the "board" and make it a little more strategic), but overall I'm pretty happy with what I managed to get in with about 11 hours to jam. If I'd had more time I'd like to add:
- Day Cycle (throw away extra inventory at the end of each day)
- Tip Bonuses (finish orders quickly to earn more $$$)
- Just particles and notifications EVERYWHERE to make things more clear.
- Utility cards -- the true "meat" of the deckbuilding. Ramping these up was the meta progression I had in mind.
- Game Over state (either win or lose).
It's fairly hard right now -- the goal I set myself was to get to $250 as a "game over" but that might actually take awhile.
Ooops realized there's a real game called Sushi Go so typing dumb things like Sushi Build Go is probably not so good. Renamed to the just as dumb "SUSH IS FISH + RICE"